If the sale or lease includes the sale of the following:
- service contract or maintenance plan
- insurance product
- theft product
- theft deterrent or protection product
- debt collection agreement
- exterior or interior surface protection
Every dealer must provide the buyer a separate written document that includes the name and address of the seller at the top and the date of the contract. The disclosure must reflect:
- description and the cost of each individual item the total cost of all of the items
- the amount of the installment payment if the buyer does not purchase the items the amount of the installment payment if the buyer agrees to purchase the items
After each separate disclosure is provided to the buyer, the buyer will have to decide to either purchase or not to purchase the item.
If the buyer rejects any item or decides to purchase additional items, then a new set of disclosure forms must be provided.
When the disclosures are completed, the totals must be shown on each disclosure.
For the DMV Complaint Form go to: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/inv/inv172a.pdf