A dealer branch is any location beside the principal location which is maintained for the sale and/or exchange of motor vehicles.
Branch license required when retail vehicles are offered for sale.
Any attempt, solicitation or negotiation at the location requires a license.
On all reports of sale from a branch location the dealer shall use that location and not his principal location address.
- *Taxes are distributed by point of sale & county of residence.
- The dealer shall submit to DMV a branch application, with a fee of $70. All permanent branch locations must provide with application:
- Zoning verification letter
- Photo set of location and office
All permanent branch locations must provide with application.
See exhibit on pages 33 – 34. Also see links below:
- Photo set of Location and Office go to: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vehindustry/ol/photoreq.htm
- Dealer License Change Form go to: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/ol/ol21.pdf
- Zoning Verification Letter go to: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/ol/ol902.pdf