Every dealer shall notify DMV:
- 10 days prior to the effective date of an ownership change.
- 30 days prior to the effective date of any corporate change.
- $ 70. is the fee for a corporate change.
If there has been an ownership or corporate change, the dealer will need to submit a new original application and fees, along with a new dealer bond. Once the application is completed, the dealer will be issued a new dealer number.
If there is a corporate officer change, an OL-15, Application, Personal History Questionnaire, Livescan and a fee of $ 70.
Any change in the dealer address, be it branch add or removal, name change, add or delete category, add auto broker, dealer type change. or location change requires immediate notification to the Inspector of jurisdiction, an application and fees posted prior to change.
See Related Links, Forms and Sample Documents:
- Corporate Officer Change Form – go to: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/ol/ol15.pdf or see sample on page 42
- Dealer License Change Form – go to: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/ol/ol21.pdf or see sample on page 43
Dealer license & plates automatically & immediately cancel whenever:
- Change of the established place of business is made w/o notice.
- Established place of business is abandoned w/o notice.
- Bond is not maintained.
- Inadequate bond is not replaced or restored.
- Voluntary surrender of special plates & license.
- Involuntary surrender of special plates & license.
- Failure to notify DMV new person designated as licensee.
- Suspension or revocation by the Secretary of State.
- Suspension or revocation by the Board of Equalization.
Under the provisions of the Car Buyers Bill of Rights, AB 68, Every retail dealer must post and maintain regular business hours. These hours must be posted within the dealership and printed on the Contract Cancellation Option documents.
DEALER SURETY BOND FORM SAMPLE
Online go to: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/ol/ol25.pdf
DEALER SALESPERSON APPLICATION SAMPLE
Online go to: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/ol/ol16.pdf
LIVESCAN FORM SAMPLE
Online go to: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/ol/dmv8016.pdf
EXEMPTION FORM SAMPLE
Online go to: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/ol/ol257.pdf
NO COOLING OFF PERIOD NOTICE SAMPLE
Online go to: http://www.gotplates.com/pdfs/No_CoolingOff_BC9_2004.pdf