The dealer plate shall be displayed on the rear of the vehicle and over the original plates, if a vehicle has been previously registered.
The registration card for the dealer plate shall be with the vehicle bearing the dealer plate. We suggest you tape a reduced size copy of your dealer license & registration card to each dealer plate.
For Form to Replace a Lost/ Stolen or Missing Dealer Plate go to: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/ol/ol247.pdf
If a dealer plate becomes lost or stolen, it is the dealer’s responsibility to immediately notify the local police and report a lost or stolen plate.
Notify Occupational Licensing of theft and need for replacement.
Use DMV form OL 247 see: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/ol/ol247.pdf
- Replacement Plate: $23
- Replacement Reg Card: $23
See Related Links, Forms and Sample Documents:
- For DMV Memo on Dealer Plate Use go to: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vehindustry/ol/im_4_00.htm
- For CCR Regulations go to: http://www.oal.ca.gov/emer_reg.htm
- For Board of Equalization regulations go to: http://www.boe.ca.gov/pdf/pub34.pdf
- For Form to Replace a Lost/ Stolen or Missing Dealer Plate see: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/ol/ol247.pdf